Sunday, December 16, 2012

Sinful Colors Boom Boom Birthday Mani

Hi Everyone! It was my birthday this last Friday and I hadn't necessarily planned anything specific for my birthday mani. It just so happened that this is what I was wearing on my birthday so here it is, my birthday mani!

NailaDay: Sinful Colors Boom Boom Watermarble Skittlette

For this mani, the colors I used are Sinful Colors Boom Boom on the index, Sinful Colors Secret Admirer on the pinky and Sally Hansen X-treme Wear Black Out with Boom Boom for the marble on the middle two fingers. More and more, I have been really happy with the way some of the Sinful Colors marble. Boom Boom is a great bright pink that doesn't lean into the neon range. It applied with a consistency that was a cross between creme and jelly. There is great pigmentation so two coats was all I needed to get full coverage. As with many of the SC polishes, there was a great shine without even using top coat. Here, I have already applied Seche Vite. 

NailaDay: Sinful Colors Boom Boom Watermarble Skittlette

NailaDay: Sinful Colors Boom Boom Watermarble Skittlette

NailaDay: Sinful Colors Boom Boom Watermarble Skittlette

NailaDay: Sinful Colors Boom Boom Watermarble Skittlette


For my actual birthday, the day started off with a gift and hot breakfast from my sweet husband. Then a long, long day at work, followed by dinner and tons of fun at Dave and Busters. For those of you who don't know what it is, it is basically an arcade where you spend money to get tokens that you then use to play various arcade and carnival style games. I always have a ton of fun there. It had been a long time since my last trip so it was a blast!




6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you guys had a blast. Your mani is really cute. Your watermarble came out is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is a marble. This is amazing. I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I'm trying to start doing different designs with the marble so I was happy with the way this one turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Belated birthday wishes! :)

    Its funny but I am so scared of water marbling, I want someone to drill the technique into my head/hand . :P

    You do fab water marbling!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, thank you! Marbling is really not that hard, honestly. Ok, the first time I did it, it was a hot mess. But you just have to experiment with different polishes and see which ones like to play with each other. Also, notice that I haven't really done all the fingers yet. I have done that in the past but the mess and aggravation was so much that I decided I would limit the marbling to a few accent fingers. I think I like it better than way, anyway. Try it as an accent sometime!

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think! I love, love reading comments so don't be shy! Leave comments, questions, suggestions and I will reply as soon as I can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...