Friday, December 7, 2012

Liebster Award



This week, I received a Liebster Award from Kat, over at skeleton hands. By the way, her hands look nothing like skeleton hands. They are lovely!! It's an award given to new bloggers who have less than 200 followers. This way, others can be made aware of their blogs and gain more readership! I know I've found some hidden gems looking through other people's Liebster award lists. I'm really pleased Kat chose me to be one of those bloggers :-)




First, you post 11 random facts about yourself, answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you for the award and then ask 11 questions for the 11 bloggers you nominee. Post links to those who you nominate so people can find their blogs! :)

My 11 random facts:

1. I'm a choir nerd at heart. I used to sing but life has become too busy for me to be a part of any groups now.
2. I have a massive collection of pens. I stopped collecting those a long time ago. I suppose I'm on to nail polish now.
3. I like knitting.
4. Sometimes I totally neglect to clean up my right hand
5. I moved to the US when I was 10. I don't have an Indian accent now but I still have trouble with my 'v's and 'w's. 
6. I didn't understand Twitter for years. Then one day, I just got it.
7. My favorite dish is pani puri - a wonderful Indian snack food.
8. I have one younger brother who is going to do great things in life. He will never read this, lol.
9. I'm a computer science major but I don't think I can come up with one line of code these days.
10. I didn't own a TV for five years before this year. Now a day doesn't go by without me watching something on it.
11. I hate Sundays more than I hate Mondays.

Now for the questions Kat asked me:
1. What was the best part of 2012?
             Finding a job in the same city as my husband and moving into a house!
2. What is your favorite book?
            Ender's Game - Orson Scott Card
3. What color of nail polish do you have the most of?
            Probably purples
4. Do you have a favorite mani you've done? (Post pics if you have them!)
Yes, the mani inspired by a dress. I had a vision, I went with it and it worked out great!


5. What's your favorite season and why?
            It would have to be spring. I love how life seems to come back in the cold temperate climates. Days are longer, colors are brighter, there is a promise of warmth and happiness in the air.
6. Do you have any obsessions besides nail polish?
             I used to be obsessed with knitting. Only one obsession at a time, please.
7. What is one polish you think everyone should own (assuming everyone could get ahold of it)?
             Uhh...Revlon Royal or Vixen. The first is unconventional but gorgeous and the second is just classic. Oddly, I don't own Vixen but I have polishes like it.
8. Where would you most like to visit?
             I have to go back to Cinqueterra in Italy.
9. Favorite food?
              See above. I could never turn down pani puri.
10. Why do you blog?
              I love sharing my creativity with others. In my line of work, I can't really get very creative. This is a great outlet.
11. Glitter or cremes?
               Tough choice. Desert island scenario, glitters. Not as boring. Only if I have top coat with me too, though. 


11 Questions for you:
1. Why did you get started blogging?
2. Favorite place you have visited so far?
3. Favorite TV show?
4. One item that you have held on to since childhood.
5. Early bird or night owl? Or, like me, both out of necessity?
6. Favorite day of the week?
7. Favorite beverage, alcoholic or not.
8. Do you feel finished with a mani even if it is a single color on all your nails?
9. Other hobbies you are currently involved in?
10. What languages do you speak?
11. Are you working, going to school or both right now?


Now for the other bloggers: I have to confess, despite all the blogs I read, I had a really hard time finding a young enough blog that had less than 200 followers and hadn't already received this award. So here is what I've rounded up so far. The deal is, as life goes on, and more new bloggers enter my sphere of conciousness, I will post about them.
1. Shelby's Swatches - simple but very pretty nails and lovely manicures
2. Raggio di Luna Nails - great nail art, from Italy. She inspires me to try my free hand skills.
3. Aubrey Hannah - gorgeous nails, amazing techniques with tutorials
4. Color-Happy - She's MIA right now but hoping she'll come back. Great stuff
5. Indian Lacquerade - new Indian blogger with some cool designs
6. Subliminally Smitten - An enthusiastic blogger whose short but sweet posts speak of more than just nail polish

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think! I love, love reading comments so don't be shy! Leave comments, questions, suggestions and I will reply as soon as I can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...