Thursday, January 3, 2013

Purple Ombre Mani from two colors

Hello polish fiends! Ok, so I realize it's been a little while since my last post. It was all I could do to gather enough energy to clob this one together, and most of it was already written ahead of time! I just came back from my week long vacation in England. It was great....and I'm beat.  Between dealing with jet lag, getting back to my full time job less than 12 hours after landing and the chore of dealing with the misery that is a midwestern winter, I'm exhausted! So anyway, I hope I get back to some semblance of normalcy in the next few days. As you can imagine, it's been quite a feat to slap a couple of coats of color on my nails and call it a day.

Today's post is really from the vault. It's from back in the days before the blog, before a light box, before any concept of how to really take pictures of my nails. I am presenting them to you, however, because I still vividly remember how much I loved this mani. I created it to match a dress I was planning on wearing to some party and this is what I came up with.

NailaDay: SH Satin and Sinful Colors Fig Ombre mani

For this mani, I used two colors. What's on the thumb and what's on the pinky. The color on the thumb is Sally Hansen Smooth and Perfect Satin and the color on the pinky is Sinful Colors Fig. To get the rest of the colors, I mixed drops of the two colors in various proportions to get that gradual ombre effect.

NailaDay: SH Satin and Sinful Colors Fig Ombre mani

Here is the dress I was trying to match with my mani. I think it worked pretty well, don't you?

NailaDay: SH Satin and Sinful Colors Fig Ombre mani




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think! I love, love reading comments so don't be shy! Leave comments, questions, suggestions and I will reply as soon as I can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...