Thursday, November 29, 2012

Pacific Blue Watermarble with Revlon Stunning

Yay, I'm very happy with this post because I got back to watermarbling! I love this technique when it works right. It is such a stunning look and for me somewhat unpredictable. Even when I've made the design I want on the water and aim for it, I still don't know what it's going to look like until my finger is out of the water. This look was insprired by the first snow of the season! I didn't feel like stamping for the literal snowflake pattern so I just thought I'd go for the overall feel of the snowy winter season.

NailaDay: SH Pacific Blue and White On watermarble with Revlon Stunning

For this mani, I used Sally Hansen Pacific Blue and Sally Hansen White On. Those X-treme Wear polishes do seem to marble quite nicely. The white did like to spread out a bit more than the blue but I still like the effect. For the glittery snow like effect, I layered one coat of Revlon Stunning over it. It's a mix of smaller glitter with larger holographic hexagons. I think it was a good choice for this mani. 

NailaDay: SH Pacific Blue and White On watermarble with Revlon Stunning

NailaDay: SH Pacific Blue and White On watermarble with Revlon Stunning

I wore it plain for about a day before putting the glitter on. I just love how blue this blue is! It kind of changes character in different lighting but no matter what, it stands out. I've had so many nice comments on this mani because people just have to take a second look at this color. 

NailaDay: SH Pacific Blue and White On watermarble

8 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful!! Pacific blue is one of the most gorgeous polishes around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I totally agree about Pacific Blue. It's up there.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! These polishes really do marble very well. I like this whole line, in fact.

      Delete
  3. That's lovely. I envy you so much. I have not been able to get the hang of marbling yet :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was really all about trial and error and practice. You don't see all the marble failures but trust me, they exist!

      Delete
  4. Your water marble is good. Stunning Mani!

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think! I love, love reading comments so don't be shy! Leave comments, questions, suggestions and I will reply as soon as I can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...