Saturday, June 27, 2015

Stash swatch - Andrea Fulerton Beatrice

Hello lovelies!

Another swatch post for you guys today. Today's polish is another Andrea Fulerton polish called Beatrice. First, let me show you the bottle shot.


I saw that in Superdrug and immediately thought, oil slick in a bottle...at a drugstore?? WANT!! So, I got it. Fast forward to two years later and I'm berating myself for still not having tried this gorgeous looking polish. So, I got a couple of coats on my nails, held my breath in anticipation of the magic....and nothing. 

NailaDay: Andrea Fulerton Beatrice

Not that it isn't a beautiful color. It's a GORGEOUS color and if it had looked just like that in the bottle, I would have been very happy. But I was expecting an oil slick on my nails and all I got was this pretty purple. 

NailaDay: Andrea Fulerton Beatrice


I even tried applying it over black. (Pssst, it's over black on the ring finger!) It gave the edges a darker look but, alas, no duochrome still. Oh well, I'll be happy wearing it as a purple color and look elsewhere for my oil slick look. 
In other news, I'll be going back to work on Monday after my maternity leave. I hope not to leave this blog in the lurch and try to do about a post a week but we all know how well that went last time. I'm happy to be going back to work but I'll miss my babies :-( 

Anyway, I'm sure all of you have stories of polishes that looked amazing in the bottle only to fool you once you wore it on your nails. What has been your biggest disappointment? Do you like wearing it anyway? I'd love to hear from you guys. Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think! I love, love reading comments so don't be shy! Leave comments, questions, suggestions and I will reply as soon as I can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...