Thursday, May 21, 2015

Stash Swatches - some Boots 17 polishes


Today I have more swatches from my stash! We are on to my Boots 17 polishes. A little over two years ago, I went to visit my cousin in London. I was thick in the middle of my obsession with nail polish at that time. Ok, alright, I'm still in the thick of it but I've moved past buying polishes indiscriminately now. I'm pickier. I don't buy a ton of polish all at one time. I only get the special ones. Back then, all I cared about was adding to my hoard. So....we ended up there during the winter holidays and we went shopping on Boxing Day. Lots of sales everywhere! I had warned my husband that I was going buy "some" nail polish and he obligingly indulged me and promised not to say anything. I don't think he was expecting me to walk out of those stores with multiple bags of nail polish! The store clerk at a Superdrug asked me if I was going to be starting my own nail salon. I was way too excited with all of my new loot to be embarrassed but I think my husband was a little. Oops. 

Anyway, as a result, I ended up with a few colors that I'm now realizing are either dupes or just not very flattering! This first polish is a fine blue metallic microflakes in blue jelly like base called Navy Glint. It looks metallic in the bottle but applies like a jelly, if that makes sense. I wasn't too happy with the formula. I have a lot of dark blue metallics so I ended up purging this one. As the bottle says, it's a "Fast Finish" so the application was a little tricky since it seemed to dry almost before I had finished applying it. 

NailaDay: Stash swatches - Boots 17 Navy Glint

This next one is a weird bright brassy gold metallic color that I didn't think looked very flattering on me. I kept it because I want to try stamping with it. It does have a mild duochrome effect with it getting darker and more antique gold looking at the edges. This one is called Fury.

NailaDay: Stash swatches - Boots 17 Fury


Finally, this one is a close dupe to the Chanel Peridot type colors. This was three coats and has that gold to green duochrome shift. I know the Peridot rage is all over now but I do still like this type of color. I'll have to compare it to Jessica Iridescence to see how close of a dupe it is. I don't own the original Chanel. This one is called Potion.

NailaDay: Stash swatches - Boots 17 Potion

Again thanks for looking. Are you guys enjoying my stash swatch spam so far?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think! I love, love reading comments so don't be shy! Leave comments, questions, suggestions and I will reply as soon as I can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...