Monday, April 4, 2016

Sinful Colors Captivate Me (trying to imitate Masura magnetic polishes)

Hi guys!
I am very excited to show you guys today's post! After having drooled over Jeanette's (@theswatchaholic) Instagram pictures of magnetic manicures using a neodymium magnet fior a few weeks and then looking at pictures after pictures of Masura magnetic polishes online and lamenting the fact that they are so hard to obtain here in the US, I finally decided to get my own neodymium magnet and try out this new technique of using magnetic polishes. I swear this has given my old magnetic polishes new life. This much more powerful magnet doesn't put little designs on the nail, it just moves the metal powder in the polish around in such a way that the end result looks like rich fabric or a gemstone. I think my nails today look like red velvet (not the cake, the fabric).

NailaDay: Sinful Colors Captivate Me

This is Sinful Colors Captivate Me, purchased by me ages ago when everybody was making magnetic polishes. It is a berry red with tiny little holographic particles in it. As with all magnetic polishes in my experience, it took two coats for full opacity. It was thick but easy to work with.


I stamped over it with China Glaze Passion and a design from an Uber Chic plate 1-03.

NailaDay: Sinful Colors Captivate Me with Uber Chic stamping

And more pictures from different angles.

NailaDay: Sinful Colors Captivate Me

NailaDay: Sinful Colors Captivate Me

NailaDay: Sinful Colors Captivate Me

Now more pictures of it stamped.

NailaDay: Sinful Colors Captivate Me with Uber Chic stamping

NailaDay: Sinful Colors Captivate Me with Uber Chic stamping


I even took some videos to try and capture the depth the polish gets when using the neodymium magnet. I just purchased a thin rectangular magnet from Ebay. 

So, the method: I painted a coat of polish over all the nails. Then one nail at a time, I put on a second coat of polish, immediately held the neodymium magnet over the polish at an angle with the thin side facing the nail for a few seconds. It doesn't even have to be all that close to the nail. You can literally see all the metal powder in the polish gather together under the magnet. Then a few seconds later, I rotated the angle about 180 degrees for just a second.to disperse the particles slightly. That's the method I used here. Maybe I'll find a different method later that I also like but that's what I've picked up from watching Russian nail bloggers with perfect manis on Instagram work their incomprehensible magic on a 15 sec video. 




Thanks for looking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think! I love, love reading comments so don't be shy! Leave comments, questions, suggestions and I will reply as soon as I can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...