Saturday, March 9, 2013

Sally Hansen Wet Cement Stamped with flowers

Good Saturday, everybody! I just love weekends. Most of my weekends these days have consisted of sleeping in (which for me is like 8am), slow breakfast, TV or movies, doing my nails and catching up on some work from the week. The cold weather and snow has kept us both indoors for the most part all winter. We're just not winter people. I don't see any benefit to snow after the first pretty quiet peaceful snowfall of the year. All that follows afterwards is grey, grey, grey and I can do without that!

NailaDay: Sally Hansen Wet Cement with China Glaze Awaken Stamp


That's not to say that I can't work with grey on my nails :-) This is an update to my last post with Sally Hansen Wet Cement. This grey was begging to be stamped and I really wanted to try some tone on tone stamping. I had come across China Glaze Awaken at Ulta and bought it that day because I saw some great stamping potential in this charcoal grey chrome polish. I was right! It was perfect for this job!


NailaDay: Sally Hansen Wet Cement with China Glaze Awaken Stamp


The plate I used was BM 211. To add a little punch of color, I added dots with China Glaze Harvest Moon that I had also picked up on sale at Sally's.

NailaDay: Sally Hansen Wet Cement with China Glaze Awaken Stamp

I just love how the tone on tone stamping behaves in different light. From one angle, you can hardly tell anything is there. Then you just angle your hand a little bit......

NailaDay: Sally Hansen Wet Cement with China Glaze Awaken Stamp

And Bam! An intricate design. I love it! I know people get tired of nail fads like crackle, magnetics, etc but will people ever get tired of stamping? I don't think so. I know I won't. Along with gradients and watermarble, this is one of my favorite nail art tricks! What do you guys think? Will stamping ever go out of style?

NailaDay: Sally Hansen Wet Cement with China Glaze Awaken Stamp

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think! I love, love reading comments so don't be shy! Leave comments, questions, suggestions and I will reply as soon as I can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...