Monday, June 3, 2013

Deadly Sins Challenge Day 13: Pride - Finger Paints Tough Art to Follow with Studio M Covered in Diamonds

Hi everyone!
Another Deadly Sins Challenge mani today. This week, the theme is Pride. The prompt for this one was "Recreate your own work to make it even better". One thing I am proud of is how far I've come with respect to nail care, polish application and the quality of my manicures in general. One of the very first manicures I was really proud of was this simple manicure of Sinful Colors Last Chance and Studio M Covered in Diamonds. Right after I wore that mani, I swore to myself that I would wear it again soon because I loved it so much! Two years later, I still hadn't recreated and I thought this would be the perfect opportunity. I really didn't change the essence of the manicure at all. I just figured with how far my nails have come, it's bound to look even better. 

NailaDay: Finger Paints Tough Art to Follow with Studio M Covered in Diamonds

The base I used for this was an untried. I used Finger Paints Tough Art to Follow.  A deep forest green almost jelly. It was a little uneven with application and I had to pain about two to three coats to get it looking nice in real life. In pictures, it looks like it could have used another coat. I went ahead and used Studio M Covered in Diamonds again. Color Club has the exact same polish with the exact same name. This polish is not for everyone. Those mylar flakes do tend to clump and stick up here and there and it takes careful maneuvering to get it even and sitting properly. Even so, I love the effect of the shards.

NailaDay: Finger Paints Tough Art to Follow with Studio M Covered in Diamonds

NailaDay: Finger Paints Tough Art to Follow with Studio M Covered in Diamonds


Here is FP Tough Art to Follow by itself. 

NailaDay: Finger Paints Tough Art to Follow

NailaDay: Finger Paints Tough Art to Follow


This is the one picture of that mani I loved so long ago. Despite the stubby nails and lack of clean up, I still love this picture. Look at those shards glow!!

NailaDay: Sinful Colors Last Chance with Studio M Covered in Diamonds

I forgot to ask my husband to rate this one. I guess we'll never know...

See below for what the others have done for this challenge!

2 comments:

  1. I really really love that last picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's awesome isn't it? I was so surprised I had such a hard time duplicating that particular look the second time. It was just the right combination of lighting...

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think! I love, love reading comments so don't be shy! Leave comments, questions, suggestions and I will reply as soon as I can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...