Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Spoiled Are Mermaids Real? with Funky French Dots

Hello lacquered ladies!

So, I realized a long time ago, I have a thing for purples. If there is just a slight variation of one purple to another, I have to have it. How thrilled was I when I realized that something as complex and fascinating and just plain pretty as Spoiled Are Mermaids Real? was available easily in any CVS store!

NailaDay: Spoiled Are Mermaids Real? with dots

It is a medium purple jelly base with a complex fine gold shimmer. This combination gives this polish such a depth! Despite the jelly base, I didn't need more than a couple of coats for decent coverage. Because of the jelly finish, I did have some pulling at the tips after topcoat, which you can see above.

NailaDay: Spoiled Are Mermaids Real? with dots

The dots at the tips were done with a large and small dotting tool and the colors used were Sinful Colors Tempest and Revlon Copper Penny

And now for more pictures....

NailaDay: Spoiled Are Mermaids Real? with dots

I like these jelly colors with the shift in the depth of the color depending on which angle you view it at.

NailaDay: Spoiled Are Mermaids Real? with dots

NailaDay: Spoiled Are Mermaids Real? with dots

Here is a picture of it without the dots in a lightbox.

NailaDay: Spoiled Are Mermaids Real? with dots

Are you guys as much a fan of purple as I am? I thought the dots added visual interest and I really like it with them. Hubby wasn't so sure. This one got a 8/10 without the dots but dropped to a 7/10 with them. I guess he liked the simplicity of a plain mani!

2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous nail polish :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is! I think I inadvertantly ended up buying a WnW version of it too because I love this color so much!

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think! I love, love reading comments so don't be shy! Leave comments, questions, suggestions and I will reply as soon as I can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...